Capitation Payment Scheme
What is Dental Plan Direct Ltd?
‘Dental Plan Direct’ is our in-house capitation payment system which is a monthly budgeting system to help you pay for Dental treatment.
- All normal routine dental care including check-ups, fillings, root fillings, x-rays and preventive care. Including help with avoiding gum disease and tooth decay, scaling and polishing (2 x per year OR as necessary), fluoridation, dietary and other preventive advice.
- Appointments are available from 7.30am - 7.45pm, Mon - Fri and 8.00am - 12.45pm Sat.
- Accidental and Emergency Dental cover Insurance. (Please see attached leaflet for details)
Dental Plan Direct does not cover:
- Orthodontics (Braces)
- Endodontic Instrument Kit (Root Canal Instruments) FROM £90.00
- Cosmetic treatment
- Specialist treatment
- Crowns, Bridges, Dentures - Laboratory costs, additional surgery time and materials FROM £465.00
- Mouth Guards and Anti Snore Device - Laboratory costs
- Hygienist Appointments for children.
In order to join our scheme you must be declared dentally fit i.e.: All necessary treatment has to be completed before you are signed onto the Dental Plan Direct ltd Scheme.
What you need to do now.
All you need to do is make an appointment with your dentist, who will carry out a simple assessment to grade you on a scale of A, B, C, D, or E, depending on the state of your oral condition (i.e. how many fillings, root canals etc you have had). Scales for January 2013 – December 2013: (amount paid monthly)
|A||£15.25||1 Age 0-7||£6.98|
|B||£18.82||2 Age 7+-14||£9.65|
|C||£27.85||2 Age 14+-21||£12.54|
These fees are reviewed annually and are increased in line with the average RPI. Patients will be notified by October of the same year.
Your dentist will ask you to complete an application form / direct debit mandate. Your cover will commence from this date.
After initial registration of the scheme, for the first month, we will take double your scale for registration purposes. You may either pay annually or in monthly instalments using our very own direct debit payment system.
What happens then?
You just continue to attend the surgery for your routine appointments and allow us to maintain your dental health without the worry of expensive bills!
If you have any questions, please call the practice on 01635 867979, or make an appointment with your dentist.